This cemetery was established in 1908. At its edge is a monument, erected in 1971, that commemorates the Smoland Mission Covenant Church that operated here from 1909 to 1957.
Immigrants from the Scandinavian countries arriving in Winnipeg during the latter part of the 1800's and the early 1900's were often contacted by "The Swedish Church" of Winnipeg MB, organized in 1885, the only Scandinavian church in Canada at the time. Communities sprang up all over Canada including one just south of Minnedosa, MB. It was originally named Smoland because many of the families came from the same province in Sweden.
In 1908 a group met in the home of John Berg under the leadership of Rev. J. E Bjorklund and the Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Mission Church was formed, later known as the Smoland Mission Covenant Church, and presently Minnedosa Evangelical Covenant Church.
The first church building, Smoland Mission Covenant Church, was started October 29, 1909. In 1957, the Smoland church building burned down. In that same year, the congregation began new construction of a church building in the town of Minnedosa.