Lord Elphinstone Ranch Site
A site between Newdale and Elphinstone was once the headquarters of an 8,000-acre ranch established in 1879 by Scottish nobleman WIlliam Buller Fullerton Elphinstone (1828-1893). Elphinstone arranged the construction of several buildings, half of them out of local stone, including an eight-room ranch house as well as a barn with a full basement, with room for fifty head of cattle, in a beautiful spot overlooking the valley of the Little Saskatchewan River.
Source: Historic Sites of Manitoba...
Sign along Lord Elphinstone Road
View from the ranch buildings site
Likely the former road.
Little Saskatchewan Valley