Enterprise was surveyed as a townsite but really was never much more than an elevator, store and post office.
A grain elevator was built in the early 20th century by the Young Grain Company, and later taken over by Paterson. The original 30,000-bushel capacity was increased to 62,000 bushels with a wooden annex. The elevator closed in the 1960s and was sold to a consortium of local farmers who moved it to Killarney.
Barry Daun Colter was one of the last grain buyers (1938-1990)
A local house served as a boarding house for twenty men when the elevator was built. They also boarded the grain buyers, and teachers who taught at Enterprise school.
Before a Post Office, named Smith’s Hill, was opened, someone from Enterprise would drive to Holmfield with horse and buggy to get the telegrams of grain prices and deliver them to the grain buyers at Enterprise and Lena.
The Greenway - Wakopa CN line.