Photo and Info from Historic Sites of Manitoba
Near the school building is a cairn, erected in July 1988, commemorating the teachers, students and families of Bernice School No. 547, which was established as Gould School at SW22-5-26W in the Rural Municipality of Albert, and operated between 1888 and 1914. It became Bernice (Berneice) School in 1914, situated at SE23-5-26, continuing until 1965 when it became part of Napinka Consolidated School No. 2369. A nearby station of the Canadian Pacific Railway, also named Bernice, existed at NE14-5-26 from 1906 to 1952.
Two Borders Heritage Website...
Heritage Site Maps..