Commercial Cement At Babcock
Babcock got its name from the man who owned land. The Commercial Cement Co. began operating in 1907 and closed down in 1924. The material from which the cement was made was taken from deep in the hill south of the railway, and was hauled out on horse-drawn carts on the miles of railway which were laid in the mine.
It was large operation that, at its peak, employed fifty people. When the plant closed the station soon closed and buildings were moved away