A loosely connected series of observations about healthy communities rooted in personal experience and extensive travel in rural Manitoba.
The topics will range from transportation and recreation, to air and water quality. We’ll look at food and housing issues and examine ways in which local governments could encourage healthy lifestyles.
I will post on a weekly basis until I run out of things to say.
The Mission: An Introduction & Explanation
1.Highlights - Villages and Towns (20.02.10)
2. Natural Areas (20.02.17)
3. Unsustainable Camping (20.02.24)
4. Pedestrian Perspective on Transportation Infrastructure and Maintenance. Part 1: Snow Removal (20.03.02)
5. Pedestrian Perspective on Transportation Infrastructure and Maintenance. Part 2: Pedestrian Access (20.03.09)
6. Traffic Calming: A Community Based Approach
8. Smoking: The Next Step
9. Lake William - Making the Most of it's Natural Advantages
10. Steep Rock on Lake Manitoba
11. Free Parking
12. Museums in the Southwest Corner
13. Some highlights from "Healthy Communities" across Manitoba
14. Another Example - Deloraine
15. Lawn Care
16. Car Culture - Local Initiatives