June 11, 2022:   The Pinawa Dam


Located on the Winnipeg River, Pinawa Dam was Manitoba’s first hydro-electric generating station. Pinawa Dam was developed in response to the demand for residential and commercial power and was crucial to the rapid growth of Winnipeg in the pre-war years. The station began delivering power in 1906 and was closed in 1951 to allow the full flow of the Winnipeg River to serve the Seven Sisters Hydro Station built downstream.

https://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/parks/park-maps-and-locations/eastern/pinawa.html