Communities  
Natural Places Historic Places

Municipality of Riverdale


Municipal Website

https://riversdaly.ca/

Heritage Website

http://www.virtualmanitoba.com/riverdale/




Pendennis C.P.R. Station - formerly at the Chapman Museum



Roseville Cemetery



Approaching Grant's Cut on the C.N. Line



C.N. Bridge



Tarbolton Church and Cemetery



Former Air Base Residential Street

 

Abandonned Farm Site in the Carnegie district



Ancrum Church at the English Museum



Bradwardine School Grounds



Former G.T.P / C.N.R. Pumphouse near Rivers

 
Sites to See

The English Museum

Kirkham's Bridge

Mayne Wildlife Management Area

Toll Bridge Site - Little Saskatchewan River

Rivers Provincial Park


Visit Communities (Past & Present)


Ancrum

Bradwardine

Rivers

Tarbolton

Wheatland



Cemeteries in Riverdale RM

Rivers Community Cemetery
N50.03502, W100.22362
Construction Date:  1909
Location:  SE 25-12-21

- 1909 Municipality at request of Board of Trade asks GTP for 10 acres.
- Fenced in 1911

Roseville Cemetery and Monument
N49.96000, W100.14258
Construction Date:  1884
Location:   NE 28-11-20

 - site of Roseville Church - first church in Daly
 - Land donated by James Varcoe

St. Matthews Ancrum Cemetery
Construction Date:  1908
Location:  Bradwardine area - SE 20-12-22
Ancrum Church was 1/2 mile south
N50.01946, W100.43924

Tarbolton United Church and Cemetery
N49.94241, W100.43901
Construction Date:  1988
Location:  NW 21-11-22

- Sibbald and J. Joynt each offered land
- quick decision prompted by the death on July 2, 1888 of a child Mary Jane  Wood – first funeral  on July 4, 1888
- Named after a village in Scotland that was for a time home to Robert Burns.



Farm Burials  

Robins  N 32-11-20
P69  Kirkham’s Bridge History

Browning 2-11-20
P69  Kirkham’s Bridge History