Pancake Lake, was named by pioneer Harry Coulter as he ate his dinner on its shoreline. In 1880, the federal government
put up four portable shelters here for the convenience of travellers through the area, the RCMP, settlers, and Indigenous people. A commemorative sign was erected here by the Boundary Trail Heritage Region.
Photo and info courtesy Historic Sites of Manitoba