View the Prairie Towns Collection...
Photo & Info from Historic Sites of Manitoba
Lennox School No. 317 was established formally in July 1884 and a school building was erected in the village of Goodlands in the Rural Municipality of Brenda. In 1965, it became Goodlands Consolidated School No. 2431 when it consolidated with Croydon School No. 823. Three years later, it became part of the Antler River School Division. The school closed in 1976 and remaining students went to Deloraine. The present building is now used as a community centre. A monument was erected beside the former school building at a reunion in July 1985.
The signs tell the story of the nearby Salter - Henderson - Cain - Nestibo coal mines.