Carnegie


View the Heritage Website Collection...

Historic Sites of Manitoba




A view of Carnegie from the southwest showing section house, blacksmith’s house, blacksmith shop, Johnson (originally Watt’s) general store, Western Canada Four Mills grain elevator, and Ogilvie grain elevator (circa 1935)
Source: Bill and Mary Frank (via James Frank)



Carnegie hockey team (1930s)
Source: Bill and Mary Frank (via James Frank)



Johnson’s (originally Watt’s) general store (1930s)
Source: George Johnston





Johnson’s (originally Watt’s) general store with proprietor H. T. Johnson and his stepdaughters Alice, Marion, and Jean (circa 1930s)
Source: Bill and Mary Frank (via James Frank)



Blacksmith’s house at Carnegie, occupied until 1919 by Geoffrey Walter Frank then until the smithy closed in the 1950s by Harry McAuley (before 1919)
Source: James Frank



Carnegie hockey team; Bill Wismer is third from right (1930s)
Source: George Johnston





Links

http://www.virtualmanitoba.com/SectionalMaps/p20.html

Index



Click for a Larger Map