Communities  
Natural Places Historic Places

Beaconsfield

Numerous pre-railroad communities began as a post office. Some, like Beaconsfield would have a few commercial services. E.J. Folkes operated a saw and shingle mill. James Gorrie was the blacksmith. Most of these communities never became villages as we know them, with streets and storefronts. The arrival of a railway line generally created such villages. The origiinal settlements may have diussappeared from the maps, but they retained their identity as communities. 

Today the Church and Cemetery on the corner of Rd 34 N 55W (N49.50203, W98.70472) are well maintained. The post office / village was about a km to the south.




Beaconsfield United Church (November 2016)
Source: Neil Christoffersen


The Beaconsfield Church was built in 1903. It is currently (2022)  being repaired and renovated. New photos will be posted when complete.

Presbyterian and Methodist services were held here. Rev. H.SA. Barton was the Methodist Minister. Episcopal Church held services on alternate Sundays.

It became a Methodist church in 1910 and Beaconsfield United Church in 1925. Regular services were discontinued in 1955.














1887

HRB PDF Document




MapPlus...