The CN Rapid City Crossing

In 1909 the CNR approached Rapid City from the east on its way westward. It had to cross an existing branch line from the north and the deep valley of the Little Saskatchewan River. Two bridges were built, the first (in the distance in this photo) crossed the exisiting tracks, while the pillars in the foreground supported the tracks that spanned the river. The concrete and embankment remain. Check the map and Google Earth images to get the full picture, then browse the photos.

Browse Photos...









Browse Photos...

Photo Gallery Index

Browse